Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Court to Launch Significant Hardware Upgrade in May.

The Orange County Superior Court, Technology Department, will be performing a significant hardware upgrade Friday, May 17, 2024, beginning at 6:00 p.m. and continuing through Sunday, May 19, 2024.  During this time, network and online services will be down and unavailable.  Network and online services will be available again beginning on Sunday, May 19, 2024, after 8:00 p.m.

Medical Financial End of Life


As you get older, there are important issues involving your health and finances, including who can make decisions for you when you are no longer able to.

These pages have information, resources, and links to forms that you or family members may need when planning end of life care.

Health Care Decisions

This page answers questions such as: Can I make my own medical decisions? Can I ask someone to make decisions for me if I am no longer able to? Can the Court help me make health care decisions for a very sick relative if there is no Advance Directive? Read this page for information about your own medical decisions, or if you are a relative of or caregiver for an elderly person

Living Trusts

This page answers questions such as: What is a Living Trust? What are the advantages of a Living Trust? How do I set up a Living Trust? Is my Living Trust “revocable” – can I cancel or change it? Can a Living Trust help save or reduce estate taxes? How much of my property is exempt from the estate tax? What happens if I die or become incompetent? If I have a Living Trust, do I still need a Will?


Medi-Cal sometimes pays for care in nursing homes and other health care services. This page explains the Medi-Cal program, its eligibility requirements and special words that Medi-Cal uses. It also explains how to ask the Court to help you qualify for Medi-Cal. Asking the Court for help can be faster and less expensive than going through the state’s process. But you may need a lawyer's help!

Power of Attorney

A Power of Attorney is a document that lets you appoint someone to represent you. If you sign a Power of Attorney, you are the principal. The person you appoint to represent you is called the agent or attorney-in-fact. This page answers question such as: What is a Power of Attorney and how can it help me? What if I create a Power of Attorney and later the Court appoints a conservatorship for my estate?

Additional Information:

Other pages on this website that you may want to read are:
California State Bar pamphlets:

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.