Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Warning

If you need protection right now, call 911.

If you need protection right now:

You should:

  • Call "911", or
  • A local law enforcement agency, or
  • A local domestic violence shelter 1-714-992-1931, or
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233; TDD 1-800-787-3224
  • If the abuse is non-life threatening and taking place in a private home, you can report abuse to the Orange County Adult Protective Services Agency by calling their 24 hour hotline at 1-800- 451-5155.
  • If the abuse is taking place in a licensed care facility (i.e. nursing home or board and care facility) contact the local Long-Term Care Ombudsman Service at 714-479-0107 or 800-300-6222. Or, you may contact the statewide ombudsman at 800-231-4024; TDD/TTY 916-928-2511. For more information on the Long-Term Care Ombudsman:

Computer Safety – Websites you visit may be viewed by someone else later:

Websites you visit may be viewed by someone else later. Always clear your browsing history after searching the web. Consider using a public or friend’s computer if you are concerned about someone viewing your browsing history.

Immigration Status:

You do not have to tell anyone in the court about your immigration status. You have the right to ask for a restraining order for your protection without being afraid of deportation.


Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.