Terms and Conditions
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
This Website and the content are provided on an "as is," "as available" basis, and may be subject to errors, inaccuracies or omissions. The court and its officers, officials, employees, contractors and agents make no representations or warranties regarding this Website or the content, including but not limited to their completeness, accuracy, timeliness, non-infringement of third-party rights, or freedom from computer viruses. Your access to and use of this Website and the content of the Website are at your sole risk.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) SHALL THE COURT NOR ANY OTHER JUDICIAL BRANCH ENTITY (AS WELL AS THEIR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR CONTRACTORS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES OR BUSINESS, LOST DATA OR DATA BREACH, OR (B) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES, COSTS, LOSSES OR LIABILITIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES). THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION ALLOCATE THE RISKS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES, AND THE PARTIES HAVE RELIED ON THESE LIMITATIONS IN DETERMINING WHETHER TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHICH MEANS THAT SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THESE STATES, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER ITEMS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY US, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISING BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SERVICES (INCLUDING ANY SERVERS OR OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE AND ANY OTHER ITEMS USED OR PROVIDED BY US IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES) ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THAT WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE FROM BUGS, FAULTS, DEFECTS OR ERRORS OR THAT ACCESS TO THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED.
Restrictions on Access and Use
You may not do any of the following:
- Interfere with or disrupt this Website or any related court operations, or attempt to circumvent this Website's security features
- Cause an unacceptable level of congestion to the functioning of this Website or any related court operations
- Engage in any data mining, web mining, web harvesting, use of "bots," or similar data gathering and extraction methods or tools in connection with the Website or its content
- Violate the publicity or privacy rights of another individual
- Impersonate another person, act as another entity without authorization, or create multiple accounts
- Misrepresent or alter the content or this Website, or misinform others about the origin or ownership of the content or this Website.
- Decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, lease, sell, distribute, or reproduce this Website;
- Transmit, post, or otherwise make available:(a) content that is unlawful, false, inaccurate, harmful, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, including but not limited to any content that infringes on any intellectual property right or proprietary right; (b) viruses, Trojan horses or other harmful programs or material; or (c) advertising or promotional materials, "spam," or any other form of solicitation;
Under California Rule of Court 1.201, to protect personal privacy and other legitimate interests, parties and their attorneys must not include, or must redact where inclusion is necessary, the following identifiers from all pleadings and other papers filed in the court's public file, whether filed in paper or electronic form, unless otherwise provided by law or ordered by the court:
- Social security numbers. If an individual's social security number is required in a pleading or other paper filed in the public file, only the last four digits of that number may be used.
- Financial account numbers. If financial account numbers are required in a pleading or other paper filed in the public file, only the last four digits of these numbers may be used.
Effective January 1, 2010, rule 10.500 of the California Rules of Court set forth comprehensive public access provisions applicable to judicial administrative records maintained by state trial and appellate courts, the state Supreme Court, as well as the Judicial Council of California (the Council). Instructions on requesting non-electronic records or access in alternate formats can be found here.
No Legal Advice
This Website and the content do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed.
Linking and Third Parties
This Website and the content are protected by applicable copyrights, and other proprietary and intellectual property rights. You do not acquire any ownership rights in the content or this Website. If your copying or use of any copyrighted materials on this Website is other than "fair use" under federal copyright laws, you must seek permission directly from the copyright holder. Copyrights and other proprietary rights may apply to information in a case file, absent an express grant of additional rights by the holder of the copyright or other proprietary right. Use of such information in a case file is permissible only to the extent permitted by law or court order, and any use inconsistent with proprietary rights is prohibited.
If you establish an account on this Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or user ID. You agree to: (i) log out from your account at the end of each session; and (ii) immediately notify firstname.lastname@example.org of any unauthorized use of your password or user ID or any other breach of security.
Remedies for Violations of Terms
At our sole discretion, we may modify or discontinue the Website, or may modify, suspend or terminate your access to the Website, for any reason, with or without notice to you and without liability to you or any third party. In addition to suspending or terminating your access to the Website, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal or injunctive redress. Even after your right to use the Website is terminated, this Agreement will remain enforceable against you. All provisions which by their nature should survive to give effect to those provisions shall survive the termination of this Agreement.