Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Language Access

Request an Interpreter

Superior Court of California, County of Orange

The goal of the Court is to provide free language access services to any participant in a case who does not speak, read or understand English well.

Select your language

Court Proceedings

Court proceedings are conducted in English. If you do not speak English well, you may need an interpreter to speak to the judge, and to understand what others are saying.

The court will provide free interpreter services in:

  • All Criminal, Traffic, and Juvenile cases.
  • Domestic Violence, Civil harassment and Elder Abuse cases
  • Unlawful Detainers (evictions)
  • Termination of parental rights
  • Guardianship and Conservatorship
  • Family Law cases (custody or visitation)

The courts may now also provide free interpreter services in the following case types as resources permit:

  • Other Family Law cases
  • Other Civil cases

If you need free interpreter services, contact the Court Interpreter’s office to request an interpreter:

Please provide your name, case number, language needed, date, location and your contact information.

Note: State law (EC § 756) has specified an order of priority for providing interpreters to civil litigants. This Court has determined to provide an interpreter in at least the top 6 of 8 priorities as specified by law. We ask that you submit a request for interpreter services and allow us to make an effort to provide you with language assistance, as the Court may be able to share interpreters across case types or reschedule a matter to a date when an interpreter in your language may be available. If an interpreter cannot be provided by the Court, you may request an extension to bring in your own certified, registered, or qualified interpreter. To search for an interpreter in the State Judicial Branch online directory, visit Court Interpreter Program webpage.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.