Paying Fines / Bail Refunds
Click here for information about:
- Paying your fine in person, by mail, or online
- Forms of payment accept by the court
- Bail refunds
- Paying court ordered Public Defender fees
- How a fine is calculated
Contact the Collections Unit:
- If you cannot pay the fine or comply with an order of the court by the due date
- If you want to set up an installment payment plan
- If your fine is delinquent
Failure to Pay a Fine
Failing to obey an order of the court, including paying your fine by the due date, may have serious consequences including:
- Revocation of probation
- Issuance of a warrant
- Added charges
- Jail or prison
- Increase in fine owed
- A civil penalty pursuant to Penal Code section 1214.1(a) for failure to pay a fine or fee. Each additional failure to appear can result in additional penalties for each non-appearance.
- You may be subject to referral to a collection agency including wage/bank garnishments and levies.
If you are unable to comply with a court order, contact your attorney or the court prior to the due date.