How to File or Respond - Step 1: Dissolution / Legal Separation / Nullity
Divorce, Legal Separation & Nullity
If you want to file your first papers in a divorce, legal separation, or nullity case, choose the box below that applies to you. Depending on your selection below, you will be presented with a list of forms to print. If you would like to ask the Court for a nullity, you may not choose the center box.
The following workshops are available:
- How to Start a Divorce, Separation, or Nullity Case (English and Spanish)
- How to Respond to a Divorce, Separation, or Nullity Case (English and Spanish)
- Legal Aid Society Advice Clinics
|I would like to start a divorce, legal separation, or nullity case||My spouse and I have agreed to file for a divorce or legal separation, and all of the following statements are true:
1. We have been married less than 5 years (from the date of marriage to the date of separation)
2 We agree on how we are going to divide our posessions and debts.
3. We have no children together.
4. We own ess than $38,000 in property.
5. We owe less than $6,000
|My spouse opened a divorce, legal separation, or nullity case, and I want to file muy own papers in the case.|