Emergency Protective Orders
Ask the law enforcement agency that responds to your call for an Emergency Protective Restraining Order.
Emergency Protective Restraining Orders
Emergency Protective Restraining Orders are short term.
To get a restraining order that lasts longer, come to the Lamoreaux Justice Center, 341 The City Drive South, Orange, CA 92868, and visit either the Domestic Violence Assistance Program (Wayfinders) in Room 705, or at the Self-Help Center, located on the 1st floor.
Alternatively, call the Domestic Violence Hotline at:
(714) 992-1931 for 24-hour victim counseling and referrals, domestic violence battered women’s shelters, and information regarding restraining orders.
For a longer protective order for elder abuse or dependent adult abuse, please go to the Central Justice Center, 700 Civic Center Drive West, Santa Ana, CA 92701, and visit the Self-Help Center on the 1st floor in Room G-100.
For more information, read the following:
- California Courts – Ask For a Restraining Order
- Domestic Violence: General Information and FAQ
- California Courts Domestic Violence
- Protective Orders Types and Explanation (L-1779)