What Self-Help Centers Can Do
SERVICES INCLUDE PROCEDURAL ASSISTANCE FOR:
- Divorce, Legal Separation, Custody, Visitation Support,
- Establishing a legal parent relationship for a child/children when there is no marriage,
- Restraining Orders,
- Name Change,
- Landlord/Tenant (Eviction),
- Cleaning up your criminal record,
- Small Claims,
- Civil Lawsuits,
- Traffic Tickets,
- Conservatorships, and
SELF-HELP CENTERS SERVICES INCLUDE:
- How to booklets and form packets, and
- Public computers with access to legal websites and easy to use document preparation software and SmartForms.
What to bring to the Self-Help Center
Bring a BLACK pen for filling out forms and paper in case you want to take notes.
If you want to ask the Court to change an order, you must bring a filed copy of the order you want changed.
For all other legal issues, we may need to see all the papers in your case, if you have one. It is best to bring a copy of your entire court file. Remember you are representing yourself and you need to keep a copy of any document you file.
- Bring income information. Bring proof of your income for the last two months, such as:
- Pay stubs, disability or unemployment statements,
- If you are self-employed, your most recent tax returns and year-to-date profit and loss statement,
- Proof of CalWorks, or any other proof of income
Hours of Operation
SUPERIOR COURT OF ORANGE COUNTY SELF-HELP CENTERS:
Self-Help Center staff is available from Monday-Thursday 8:00am to 4:00pm and Friday 8:00am - 3:00pm to provide procedural guidance and information.
- Central Justice Center: First Floor, Room 100-A
- 700 Civic Center Dr. West, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Harbor Justice Center - Laguna Hills Facility: Second Floor, Room 202
- 23141 Moulton Parkway, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
- Lamoreaux Justice Center: First Floor, Room 101
- 341 The City Dr. South, Orange, CA 92868
- North Justice Center: Upper Level, Room 360
- 1275 North Berkeley Ave., Fullerton, CA 92838
- West Justice Center: First Floor *
- 8141 13th St., Westminster, CA 92683
*The West Justice Center Self Help Center
is open to the public on a part-time basis on Tuesdays and Thursdays as a computer lab to provide assistance for on-line document preparation and workshops for procedural information to self-represented litigants.