Cleaning Up Your Record

The information provided on this site is being offered to assist you with cleaning up your criminal record. We do not guarantee any results with respect to a particular case, and the information provided is not intended as legal advice.

If the Public Defender’s office represented you in you criminal case(s) or you represented yourself, the Public Defender’s office may be able to help you. Click here for more information on the Orange County Public Defender’s New Leaf program. 

Cleaning up your Criminal Record

For information on how to clean up your criminal record click here. 


For SELF-HELP WORKSHOPS to assist with Cleaning Up Your Criminal Record click here.

The NEW LEAF PROGRAM  administered by the Orange County Public Defender also provides assistance.

Sealing of Records per Penal Code section 851.8

An adult who is found to be factually innocent may petition the court to have his or her arrest record sealed for three years then subsequently destroyed. Certain restrictions may apply, for more information and forms click here and refer to the form entitled Packet-Petition to Seal and Destroy Arrest Records.


If you were convicted of a non vehicle code infraction, misdemeanor or a felony and were not sentenced to state prison and you have completed the terms of your sentence you may petition for a dismissal. Certain convictions are not eligible, for more information and forms click here and refer to the form entitled Packet- PC 1203.4 Petition.

© 2014 Superior Court of Orange County
Locations Telephone Numbers Employment Sitemap RSS Privacy Policy Webmaster