Case information is also available online. Non-certified and electronically certified copies of documents may be purchased and downloaded through the Public Access System.
VIEWING FILES AND REQUESTING COPIES
Small Claims – Specific Actions of $10,000 and under
Limited Civil – Actions of $25,000 and under
Unlimited Civil – Actions over $25,000
Most Unlimited Civil actions may be reviewed from the computers located at the Central Justice Center. Limited Civil and Small Claims actions are found in the local Justice Centers. To locate the Justice Center of a specific action, see the Court Designation List .
File Request Cards are available at each Justice Center. Review of file is dependent upon availability of the file. Older files may be stored off-site and take several days before being delivered to the Court. If the file must be delivered to the Court, the clerk will notify you upon receipt of the file. Check with the clerk for local practice.
You must deposit a valid photo identification card with the clerk in order to view non-imaged files.
Superior Court records may be searched from 1889 to present. Current case information is available online. You may search the case-by-case number, person name, or business name. Indexes for prior years are not available online, but are located at their respective Justice Centers.
File, Image File, or Register of Actions (Case Summary) Copy Requests
- Complete the form: Copy Request (Form #L-696)
- Fee required: $0.50 per page
- Additional fee required to certify any documents. (See Fee Schedule – Records Related Fees)
Request for Copies by Mail
Provide the Court with the following information or complete the Copy Request (Form #L-696):
- Case number (if unknown, see Record Search above).
- Name of plaintiff/petitioner or defendant/respondent.
- Name of document and date of filing, if known (please be as specific as possible).
- If the document is 20 pages or less, write "not to exceed $25.00" below the amount line on your check. The correct amount will be filled in and you will receive a receipt with the copies. Do not send cash.
- If the document is 21 pages or more and/or you are requesting a certified copy, certificate of fact or exemplification, write "not to exceed $60.00" below the amount line on your check. Again, the correct amount will be filled in and a receipt will be provided with the copies. Do not send cash.
- Please provide your name, address, and telephone number, and include a 9” x 12” self-addressed, stamped envelope. Postage will be added to your check if postage is insufficient.
For additional information, see the following Court Information Sheets: