Courts in Orange County Celebrate Law Day
Event: 300 eighth grade students from five Orange County Schools will gather at the Old Orange County Courthouse with local elected officials and members of the judiciary to celebrate Law Day 2007: Liberty Under: Empowering Youth Assuring Democracy.
- Photo Opportunities
- A Flag Raising Ceremony (promptly at 9:45 a.m.) with music by the Chapman University Brass Quintet, a presentation of the colors by the Orange County Sheriff’s Department Honor Guard, and a performance by the All-American Boys Chorus.
- Demonstrations will include O.C. Sheriff Department patrol vehicles, a Mounted Patrol Unit and a tour of the Old Courthouse
- A visit to the U.S. District Court in Santa Ana, and the Superior Court Central Justice Center in Santa Ana (11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.) where students will visit with judges, attorneys and courtroom staff to learn more about the justice system.
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 9:45 a.m.
Location: Old Orange County Courthouse - 211 W. Santa Ana Blvd.
- Federal Court Judges of the United States District Court - Santa Ana
- Justices of the Ca. Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District - Santa Ana
- Judges of the Orange County Superior Court, O.C. Board of Supervisors, and The O.C. Department of Education
- Anaheim – Brookhurst and Dale Junior High Schools
- Buena Park – Buena Park Junior High School
- Orange – Portola Middle School
- Santa Ana - Community Day
Court Release #007-07