Court Civil Records Are Now Available 24-Hours a Day via Internet
Santa Ana- Internet access to a significant number of civil case records filed with the Orange County Superior Court is now available “round the clock” at the Court’s Internet site: www.occourts.org. The link “Case Info” is located in the left frame near the top of the webpage. The following civil records can be searched by using a case number or a party’s name:
- Civil actions more than $25,000 filed since 1996.
- Civil actions $25,000 and under, filed at the Central Justice Center in Santa Ana, since January 2004.
- Civil actions $25,000 and under, filed at the West Justice Center in Westminster, North Justice Center in Fullerton, and Harbor Justice Centers in Newport Beach and Laguna Hills since January 2005.
“The Court offers this service for no-cost as a convenience to the public,” said Superior Court Judge Robert J. Moss, Chair of the Court Technology Committee. “It’s been a goal of our Court to use advances in technology to maximize public access to public information, without requiring individuals to make an unnecessary trip to the court to obtain information.”
The web application displays four primary blocks of information:
- Case Information – includes a summary of primary case information such as identification, description, type, filing date and court description.
- Event Summary – contains information regarding present or future hearing schedules.
- Party Summary – contains information regarding participants assigned to the case.
- Case Registry – contains fields of information which include docket entry, docket filing dates and filing party.
Court Release #009-06