Sealing of Records

In many cases the court will seal juvenile records upon satisfactory completion of probation on or after January 1, 2015. For more information please review:

For cases that were completed prior to January 1, 2015 but not already sealed, a person may petition the court to seal their juvenile record(s). In this instance, a person qualifies to have the record sealed if:

  • The person is at least 18 or it has been at least 5 years since the case was closed; and
  • The youth has been rehabilitated to the satisfaction of the court.

The court will not take into consideration any outstanding fines and court ordered fees when deciding whether to seal a record. When a case is sealed, the youth or the parents/guardian will still be required to pay any court-ordered restitution unless otherwise ordered by the court. For more information on how to petition the court to seal a juvenile record please review the following forms or consult with your attorney:

Other Resources:

© 2019 Superior Court of Orange County